Far Fetch - Australia Day Style

12:03 AM

Australia Day for many Aussies will be about BBQs, Back yard cricket and having a bev (drink) or two with mates. As a first generation born Bangladeshi Australian I'm grateful for all the opportunities and freedom our great nation provides for us. We're lucky to live in such a beautiful, diverse country and I love that i get to experience different cultures, clothes and food at my front door.

Unfortunately Australia Day is also a day of mourning for our Aboriginals as it was the beginning of destruction of the people and their land. I don't celebrate Australia Day myself  but I thought it would be the perfect way to bring the issue to light through fashion by paying homage to the Aboriginal flag with the help of our friends from Far Fetch.

What better represents Australia’s diverse society, history and landscape than the the red, black and yellow of the Aboriginal flag?

Black represents the Aboriginal people of Australia. 
Yellow circle represents the Sun, the giver of life and protector. 
Red represents the red earth, the red ochre used in ceremonies and Aboriginal peoples' spiritual relation to the land.

Far Fetch - Australia Day Style

I'm all about versatility so you could easily dress down this look with a leather/denim jacket and sneakers for a day time look. Check out details below.

STELLA MCCARTNEY-'Falabella' fringed tote






ACK-piped swimsuit







Thanks for having me apart of your Australia Day Challenge Far Fetch.
I'm grateful to have been able to do this post and shed some light on an issue close to my heart.
Whatever you're doing today I hope you're spreading good vibes and are being grateful for what you have.

Get these looks and more at www.farfetch.com



You Might Also Like

0 comments

www.instagram.com/@everyday_like_this