Some very fresh looks at this years Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Some of my favourite looks below.
Special shoutout to Uzo Aduba for being the first African American to win an award for best female actor in a comedy series. Orange Is the New Black was one of my favourite shows last year and I loved the way she played her character 'crazy eyes'.
Camilla Alves in Donna Karen Atelier.
Emma Stone in Christian Dior Couture
Gwendoline Christie in Giles
Jennifer Aniston in vintage John Galliano
Reese Witherspoon in custom made Giorgio Armani
Uzo Aduba wore Angel Sanchez
Viola Davis in custom made MaxMara
Its 2015 and time for our first shoot yay !!!
This year marks my fifth year of blogging and it sometimes is crazy to think I'm still on my blog game.
Anyone that knows me knows I'm a sucker for anything sparkly & mesh. This pretty thing I picked up had both.
I've been a fan of Discount Universe for quite sometime now and was lucky enough to buy this bad boy at their pop up sale.
I was pretty indecisive when I walked into this colourful glittery store of heaven but as an avid Bulls fan I was drawn to the No Bulls Mesh tee straight away.
Discount Universe 'No Bulls Tee'
Grandma Funk Vintage leather shorts
American Apparel thigh high socks
Tony Bianco Boots
I so hate I only found out about this event pretty much as it was happening.
Ahead of the Australian Open which starts today, Stars from the game have been doing appearances.
Serena Williams teamed up with Berlei's sports bra - which reduces bounce by 60%.
Its not everyday you see a successful black women on a Australian campaign. Thanks Berlei for adding diversity to your brand.
Love the bright colours and designs, they look amazing against her skin tone. I might have to get a pair my self. Check out pictures from the Event at Bourke St Mall & Lookbook below.
Event photos by APL Photography
"It's hard being a model regardless, and then being a black model,"
"I have heard, 'Oh, we haven't shown any black models this season.' So blasé... It's messed up. Another time my agent told me, 'They don't want any black models this season.'"
"I get uncomfortable when I read comments saying, 'I wanna look like you, I wish I had your body.' When I was growing up I didn't love myself, or like what I saw in the mirror,"
"Curves are celebrated in Caribbean culture, so I felt the odd one out. So my message is: be happy and love yourself."
Its been a while since I've been op shopping. It was one of the ways the blog started. Now that my room is overflowing with clothes I am trying to refrain from buying more things but we all know that didn't last long. Went past the Greensborough Savers since the two close to me have closed (Frankston & Dandenong). It sucks that all the other stores are so far away but on a visit to my brothers house in Bundoora I thought I'd pop by and found these goodies below.
Happy New Year peeps. Hope everyone had an amazing 2014 and a memorable NYE.
2014 was an interesting year for me. It went by so fast. Usually I always have a chance to sit back & go through all the fun stuff I get to do for Everyday Like This.
This year it felt like I was on the go non stop.
As well as the blog ones who have been reading since the start would know I am head of Marketing at Grandma Funk & do Social media for Hip Hop Night Yoyo.
As a marketing student I've counted some amazing moments through work as well as through the blog.
Here are my Highlights of 2014 of Fashion & Hip Hop.
1.Interning for Melbourne based designer
2. Quitting the internship after a month and making it the first thing I've quit in my life.
Always know your self worth and never let anyone be little you.
No matter what position they have.
Respect is a two way street.
3. Collaborating with Melbourne female designers, Sydney The Artist, Shio & No Fun Babe. Watch them all they are doing dope work out there
4. First Collaboration from USA. Dimpiece LA
5. Seeing JCole live for the first time at Rapture (that shit racist crowd though)
6. Meeting Dave Chappelle
7. Runway Shows & Label Launches
8. Attending the River Island show & Meeting supermodel Ajak Deng after (what a babe)
9. World's first H&M
10. Lining up at H&M at 6am in the morning for Alexander Wang.
11. Styling for the world's first Zoo York flagship store at Emporium Melbourne.
12. Voicing more on racial issues & how fashion plays its part.
13. Collaboration with ASOS x UniDays
14. My USA TRIP (still posting in 2015...we took 17 outfit shoot YIKES)
15. Getting to see DRAKE LIVE (waited 6 years)
16. Catching Charles James : Beyond Fashion at Anna Wintour Costume Insitute at the Met on its last weekend.
18. Meeting Pusha T
19. Meeting Schoolboy Q
20. Meeting Musiq Soulchild
21. Launch of Ascesion Magazine - First aboriginal & ethic magazine in Australia
22. Styling Sportswear brand drswfx
NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS
1. Post More Often - the USA trip has me so behind lol
2. More social conscious posts
3. Find more dope Melbourne labels
4. Do more op shopping. Used to do soo much back in the day.
5. Write more posts on working in fashion
6. Collab more with other mediums.
7. More posts on hip hop/music as its become a key factor of the blog over the years.
8. Maybe another holiday if I'm lucky