Inside The Label : Nightwalker Clothing

3:00 PM


As my America trip is slowly creeping up on me I thought it would be good to to see what fresh labels are out there. Meet Nightwalker.What I love about this label is that they embrace girl power and show that women can be just as if not better than men. From my shoots and my daily ootd's you would know I dress very tomboy chic so Nightwalker had to be featured on Everyday Like This. I think the best thing about dressing like a boy is that boys can't really copy girls back. You can be trendy and unique without being uncomfortable.  I love how Nightwalker experiments with so different textures like leather, fur and mesh. With all the amazing cuts and shapes of their collection I'm excited to see where this brand will go in the seasons ahead. If New York inspired them to create such magic I wonder how the Big Apple will inspire me ! Peep the interview below with creative director Melissa Trovato Powell.

nightwalker co everyday like this interview new york fashion fur leather velvet tomboy chicv


nightwalker co everyday like this interview new york fashion fur leather velvet tomboy chic Who is Nightwalker ?
 Nightwalker is a fictional character who is part superhero, part villain, and 100% dressed to kill.

 Tell us a little about the brand and what made you start it?

 Growing up, I would see these comic books, television shows and movies all based around these powerful male figures who were saving the world. I noticed a lack of female superheroes and always wanted to create a female figure that was as impactful as the men were. But the brand is also all about having fun with style and, in essence, a coup d¹etat on the serious fashionistas out there. To expand on the idea of a female superhero, we¹ve developed a comic book series with a new volume being released concurrently with our collection each season so we¹re having a lot of fun

 with this concept.

nightwalker co everyday like this interview new york fashion fur leather velvet tomboy chic 
Where can we buy Nightwalker when it launches ?
 It'll be available at boutiques all over the world as well as major
 retailers, including Curve, Shopbop, Revolve, Galeries Lafayette, Urban Outfitters, and many more.

 Tell us what influenced your collection?
 I've always had an affinity for menswear and loved the idea of bringing menswear silhouettes to womenswear. I¹m also obsessed with contrast and the juxtaposition of conflicting aesthetics and you can see that in styles such as the Shotgun Wedding Cap (right). I like to say that Nightwalker is sort of a lovechild between the Upper East Side in Manhattan and Bedstuy in Brooklyn, in that there are luxurious aspects of the collection such as the furs and leathers, but there¹s also quite a bit of grit and authenticity.

nightwalker co everyday like this interview new york fashion fur leather velvet tomboy chic 


Describe your personal style?
 It changes depending on my mood. The most important thing for me is dressing for comfort and maintaining a nice balance of tomboy and femininity.

 What does fashion mean to you?
 I don¹t think it should be taken so seriously. There are starving
 children in Africa, wars and far more important things going on in the world than what¹s going down the runway every fashion week. You do feel good when you look good but I see it more as a way of expressing your personality and don¹t think it¹s absolutely necessary that we follow trends. To me, fashion is a creative outlet and I like to have fun with it.




nightwalker co everyday like this interview new york fashion fur leather velvet tomboy chicnightwalker co everyday like this interview new york fashion fur leather velvet tomboy chicnightwalker co everyday like this interview new york fashion fur leather velvet tomboy chic

nightwalker co everyday like this interview new york fashion fur leather velvet tomboy chic






 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

www.instagram.com/@everyday_like_this