Recap : 2013

4:49 PM

Happy New Years everyone. Its been a busy few months since i've been back from my trip. After adjusting back to Melbourne life and getting over my post holiday dwellings it was time to get back into work. I must admit there are still few Toronto posts yet to be edited. I dunno why i didn't do the posts while i was there. But be sure to check the October posts soon for updates. I also started interning at Fashion house Roopa Pemmaraju over the summer. I help out with the marketing and online presence of the brand. I've done stuff like this before but never for a high end fashion label so im very excited to see what i learn. Will do a post on it soon too.


Now 2013. Wow. What a year. the year my outfit posts became constant due to an amazing team who also happen to be my friends. Thank you all for going out of your way for taking endless photos of me in the streets of Melbourne, Sydney, Toronto, Bangkok, Phi Phi Islands, Phuket, Koh phan gan & Koh Samui. Blessed to have my holidays documented on the blog. Amazing travel experiences. the trip to Toronto really opened my eyes and i got to meet amazing creatives from designers, artists and rappers and i love that even in work mode i can still have so much fun. I've heard people be like "you worked on your holiday" but what they really don't understand is i don't have a boring 9-5 like them. The things i get to do never feel like work. 

A big Thank you to all the labels i got to collaborate with including - Balla, BME Melbourne, Elliatt, Sidewalk Soul, Alix Collections, Smesh Style, Heart of Apparel, Grandma Funk,...im sure theres more but theyre the ones i can think of from the top of my head. 

I got to Help out styling in shoots at Fashiondacci, People Australia & Chapel St Precinct for shoots.

I got to go to my first fashion week as a blogger (and not a volunteer...finalllllly) but it wasn't the Melbourne fashion weeks. It was the creme de la creme of all FW - Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia. I also helped out Aurelio Costarella and his team again for his show which i did the year before. It was his 30th year in the fashion industry so i was very blessed to be apart of such a achievement in his career. We were the first show of the week too. So lucky. great start to the week

I always wondered who i would meet or see during the year as each year surprises me. At fashion week i got to meet Jess from What Would Karl Do, Jess from Tuula, Got star struck after seeing Vogue's Christine Centerana , Bryan Boy and Sussie from Style Bubble. As a avid lover of Hip Hop i got to meet Tinie Tempah in sydney when i was randomly in the Sydney Culture Kings store shopping. Another major hip hop star i met was Joey Badass at Club Yoyo. He is an up and coming artist. Loved hanging with them and the rest of Pro Era when they came to Melbourne. Also got to meet Dizzy Wright at yoyo's after party. Got to meet London's Henry Holland at a Sportsgirl's event, Met the Blogger duo How Two Live but the most amazing person i got to meet in 2013 was Patricia Field. Master mind behind the looks of Sex and The city series and Devil wears Prada. She is considered the worlds best stylist and i'm so thankful i got to meet someone as humble and hardworking as her. Truly inspiring. I think after Rumi Neely she was the other person i would never think of ever meeting.  

This year I started doing night Street Style for Club YoYo which i always thought had an amazing style and flare. I've been going there since i've been 18.  fast forward a few years and its crazy how my blog could lead to work with with them. Each week id go find the best dressed and do a little interview post on them. Check out the street style sections for these posts. I've grown to love the team and help out whenever i can. Just in the last year i gotten to see  Big Sean, Joey badass and Wiz Khalifa because of them. Incredible night and an even more incredible team behind it all. 

My love for Hip Hop made me start doing all these collabs with Mens wear labels. Have a few international collabs read for 2014 so stay tuned. I think after all the shows i've been to this year and how hip hop influences my style i will start adding in posts about shows too. So stay tuned. 

Will add pictures to my long as essay soon. But until then hope you all had an amazing New Years. Thank you all for supporting this blogging thing over the years that has became my life. Truly grateful. Lets see where 2014 takes us. 

Work hard, Stay humble

Sophia
Everyday Like This.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

www.instagram.com/@everyday_like_this